PDA

View Full Version : Pace Dry Sump System for an Honda F4i

Mike Cook
08-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Maryland has a used Pace dry sump pump for sale. This pump includes everything you need to bolt it up to a honda f4i. This pump is their 3 stage pump as can be seen here Pace pump (http://paceproducts.co.uk/php/products_info.php?productID=oilpump/compactcpumps&parent=1). It includes a bracket that mounts the pump where the stock water pump goes. You need to replace the stock oil pump shaft with a custom shaft we made which mates to the pump. You will need an electric water pump. This pump is in great shape and works great. Like I've said, all of the work to make this pump work with an f4i has been done for you. You can drop the engine up to 2.5inches with this pump. I won't be able to actually sell the pump until after august 20, and I can also post some better pictures then.

The price is $600

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/mikecook/932960516106_0_BG.jpg

Duff
08-10-2006, 06:24 AM
out of curiosity, how much does that thing weigh?

cheers

Steve Yao
08-10-2006, 05:36 PM
...and why you are selling it...

Mike Cook
08-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure off the top of my head how much it weighs. It is back at the shop and I'm here in NC. This is why I said I will get some better pictures of it up when I go back home. I think it weighs about 5 lbs. I'm selling it because we are working on a new dry sump of our own design and the 2005 car is getting parted our to fund the 2007.

Mike

Bill Kunst
08-11-2006, 10:19 PM
does this include the oil pan? Lines? I was looking at the new one cost 318L. Just want to see where the extra $ goes

kwancho
08-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I saw that too. A new one's 600 too. So basically, we get the shaft and the bracket?

Mike Cook
08-13-2006, 09:55 AM
I might be inclined to sell the oil pan too, I had forgotten about that. Yes a new pump is about 600 but that doesn't include any of the shipping charges which can rack up pretty quickly, or the bracket (which really is the wrong word...the mount was one of the toughest peices to make on the damn car because we had to push the oil pump in to the engine as far as we could so it wouldn't hit the frame) or the shaft. Also the whole system is proven. By them time everything is said and done this system will cost you like $1000 and lots of time to do. So basically it is your call, but I thought it would be great for a team who wanted to drop the engine and run proven dry sump for a decent price. I also have hoses and a oil tank I could get rid of as well. If anyone is interested, I'd probably take an offer for the pump, and for a little more money would consider including the oil pan and tank.

Mike

Maverik
08-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Ill back Mike up on the pump being more expensive than 600... we run the same pump (purchasing them new from pace) and it was a good 2-300 more than 600 by the time it was in our hands and able to be on the car. Good pump btw, very controllable. I'd estimate it in the 5-7 lb range... but I too am away from my pump.
Dan

Duff
08-14-2006, 04:09 AM
so how exactly do these pumps operate?

seems like each stage has its own inlet and outlet, which i guess makes sense, but then what is the other inlet/outlet with the flange?

assuming these are gear pumps?

Mike Cook
08-14-2006, 09:28 AM
These pumps are a rotor style pump.

Mike

Maverik
08-20-2006, 06:00 AM
The two scavenge stages have a common exit... it is just how they are made to work on this pump. So you have the two inlets going to their respective rotors, then on the exits of the rotor the oil enters a very small common chamber and goes out one bigger line to your tank. You could put another line on the blocked off scavenge stage, but why?

fecoviruz
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I wonder if you still selling your dry sump system??Potential buyer here.
If you have already sold it,could you give me any contact numbers or email address where I can get the whole kit for the engine.tq