PDA

View Full Version : Mistake in Costreport input? Tooling?

Ben A
05-20-2013, 06:48 AM
Hello i have a question on the Tooling on the costreport. I think the formula to calculate the the tooling cost in the excel sheet is wrong. i think there is missing a brace.

=D54*F54/G54*H54 ???
i think it is compare to the reglemet on on page 131 it is : =D54*F54/ ( G54*H5 )

the cell Fractionincluded is for the Number of Parts Using Exact Tooling Or where is my mistake?

because like the formula in the reglement the tooling cost go down with more parts i can build with it.

with this excel sheet i goes up because excel doesnt count for multiplication and division first, then addition and subtraction

??

Thanks

AndreasK
05-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Hi Ben,

when i look at it the rules are clear an you are right. The Formula should be F54*F54/(G54*H5) as the example in Appendix S1 shows.

However the "Fraction Included" figure says for how many parts (or for example weld-processes for other parts) this tooling can be used. Now if you have two parts that both use the same tooling and the tooling lasts for 3000 applications, you can only do 1500 parts of each one. Therefor the Toolingcost has to be doubled. Thats exaclty what the "Fraction Included" with the fomula like D54*F54/G54*H54 is doing. With the formula like D54*F54/(G54*H5) the cost would be much lower. So I'm confused with the explanation given in the rules, too.

Ben A
05-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Nobody else?

How does other teams manage this with the tooling cost?

prokyz
05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi,
I've modified the formula in the Excel to fit the rules, as proposed by you both. According to what I saw it in rules, knowing also that provided Excel files have some bugs. I saw it totally clear that the "rule formula" is the right one..

BUT

As AndreasK wrote, it makes more sense (from the practical point of view) to use it without brackets. Since one tooling can be used 3000 times, and I'm using it let's say twice for two processes, it can be used only half of the time per each.

Since we're approaching the deadline for FSG 2013, we will stick to the formula from rules.