PDA

View Full Version : FORMULA STUDENT UK VENUE CHANGE

JR @ CFS
10-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Well ladies and gents,

Looks like we are going to Silverstone come summer time http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.imeche.org.uk/formulastudent/index.asp

HenningO
10-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I guess with new comptition from FSG, FS needs to become a whole lot better and moving from Bruntingthrope is first step. I know Brian was really amazed with FSG this summer! Any ideas of what types of surfaces we'll be running on this summer?

Ppada
10-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Well gentlemen,
Does anybody of you knows the track? Or at least what it looks like?

ben
10-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Given the learn to win event usually sets up a cone track on the Stowe circuit I suspect this would be the case for an FS event there.

In that case the "track" will be dictated by cone placement as per FSAE.

Ben

Alastair Clarke
10-25-2006, 02:39 AM
From what Neil Carr-Jones told me on Sunday at the Learn to Win event, the acceleration will be held on the main straight! He's also hoping to use some of the corners of the circuit to form the main sprint/endurance track (arround Luffield if I remember correctly). No word on where the skidpan will be. It sounds as if it will be brilliant!!!!

Cheers

Alastair

Robje
11-30-2006, 02:26 AM
Does anyone know whether or not the organization will provide some sort of accomodation (like they did in Germany, for instance) because it seems that all camping sites near the circuit are only opened during the week of the F1 Grand Prix.

Cheers,
Rob

Scannee
12-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi Robje.

We stayed at towcester travelodge at learn to win in october so we booked up there for the event, 5 mins from the circuit and £50 a night for a 3 persons room

Jenner Collins
12-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey All,

I hope holding the UK event at Silverstone will draw a few more teams over from other parts of the world. It was a fantastic event in Germany last year, great atmosphere which hopefully will be replicated here in the UK.

Jenner Collins
Class 1 Group Leader
Oxford Brookes University