PDA

View Full Version : Hexcel 3/8" ACG 7" thick Honeycomb

Mr Johann Vegas
05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey everyone, Rutgers ordered new attenuator material for the '07 competition, but we had to order the minimum size, so now we have a HUGE surplus of material. This is the 120 psi crush material, 7" thick, and we can cut it to any size you prefer. We can also include the product info sheet and calculations for satisfying the requirements (assuming they don't change significantly). The price is (generally) $1.50/in^2, although some pieces which help to eliminate excess will be offered at a lower price later in this thread. Please email ruformularacing(at)yahoo.com with any requests.

Mr Johann Vegas
05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey everyone, Rutgers ordered new attenuator material for the '07 competition, but we had to order the minimum size, so now we have a HUGE surplus of material. This is the 120 psi crush material, 7" thick, and we can cut it to any size you prefer. We can also include the product info sheet and calculations for satisfying the requirements (assuming they don't change significantly). The price is (generally) $1.50/in^2, although some pieces which help to eliminate excess will be offered at a lower price later in this thread. Please email ruformularacing(at)yahoo.com with any requests.

RickyRacer
05-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I sent an email but still haven't got a reply. Hope to hear back soon.
Rick
rickyracer99@gmail.com

RFR Wingman
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
We still have plenty available! Any one looking for impact attenuator aluminum honeycomb, let us know. ALSO, disregard the price listed above. It will be LESS. We need to sell, and discounts will be given for the more you purchase. Thanks. Email us at ruformularacing@yahoo.com

www.rfr.rugers.edu (http://www.rfr.rugers.edu)

RFR Wingman
01-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Bump

RFR Wingman
02-12-2008, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We still have plenty available! Any one looking for impact attenuator aluminum honeycomb, let us know. ALSO, disregard the price listed above. It will be LESS. We need to sell, and discounts will be given for the more you purchase. Thanks. Email us at ruformularacing@yahoo.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still plenty available! Feb 12th, 2008. We have had a few teams purchase from us... So far, Paypal as worked the best and shipment is fast! We're trying to keep the pieces we cut uniform, so that we use what we have left as efficiently as possible. Email us for more information. Thanks, RFR

RFR Wingman
03-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Bump

RFR Wingman
04-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Bump. We have plenty left. HOWEVER, I should warn you. We submitted a SEF for it, and it was rejected. The length of the honeycomb does not qualify for SEF, even if you prove that something shorter is enough to meet the other requirements outlined in IAD.
We'll be using two pieces.

RFR Wingman
02-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Bump:
Still have plenty left for sale. But, it's only 7" thick, so last year we glued an extra inch on.
email me directly at matejeka@eden.rutgers.edu

RFR Wingman
02-20-2009, 02:02 PM
BUMP:

Rutgers University still has some Hexcel 3/8" cell dia, ACG 7" thick 120 psi crush strength honeycomb. In an effort to standardize cost, we're setting it at $1.00/sq in. Plus shipping. We have had a few requests now..and our supply is getting limited. Economics my friends - supply and demand.
I accept PayPal.
you can email me directly at matejeka@eden.rutgers.edu