PDA

View Full Version : Missing Design Review !

PatClarke
05-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi, If anyone out there is from the University of Louisville, Car no 61. Are you aware that your design review file was corrupt and could not be resolved. As a result, the judges know nothing about your car, apart from the specs sheet .xls file.
This puts your team at an enormous disadvantage. Apart from putting you behind the eight ball for the competition, it is highly unlikely you will get any feedback, whether it be on line from Dick Golembiewski, myself or anyone else.
My advice would be to get off your butt and get the situation rectified.
I would have emailed you directly, but I cannot find any contact details.
PDR

PatClarke
05-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi, If anyone out there is from the University of Louisville, Car no 61. Are you aware that your design review file was corrupt and could not be resolved. As a result, the judges know nothing about your car, apart from the specs sheet .xls file.
This puts your team at an enormous disadvantage. Apart from putting you behind the eight ball for the competition, it is highly unlikely you will get any feedback, whether it be on line from Dick Golembiewski, myself or anyone else.
My advice would be to get off your butt and get the situation rectified.
I would have emailed you directly, but I cannot find any contact details.
PDR

Stuart
05-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi, well unfortunately I was unaware of these forums. I chatted with you briefly in the dyno line at Detroit and I agree that the lack of a design report put our team at a tremendous disadvantage. We did however go back and found another design judge after the Endurance race to review our vehicle. Alan ??? he was from England I believe? As you said having a judge describe the weaknesses of our car helped us to go ahead and immediately grasp new ideas for the new chassis. Thanks again for trying to lend our team a hand and hope to stay in touch.

Stuart
2005 Captain
University of Louisville
SPGMotorsports@yahoo.com

RiNaZ
05-24-2004, 03:45 PM
i was talking to a lot of the FSAEer's and surprised that a lot of them are unaware of this forum. Well, i guess it's good in a way coz it means that they were probably work on the car all day and night and never got a chance to spend time on the forum http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif