PDA

View Full Version : GPS Maps

GO
10-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Hi All

This year I am conducting a dissertation on the lap simulation of a formula student car and, despite getting hold of this years formula student track map, I also understand that this is not the most accurate representation of a racing line and driven line. Therefore I was wondering if any teams who participated in FS-UK in 2011 or 2012 as well as FSG in 2011, had a GPS recording of the sprint/endurance track. We participated in these events and thus i can use our actual times for validation, but the previous years design teams never got round to including GPS on the car, or at least one that worked correctly.

We hope to gather some GPS data on our own "test tracks" in the near future, but the ability to analyse an actual FS track is more appealing.

If anyone is willing to help it will be much appreciated by myself (who will be the only team member to see the data) and the team in general.

Many Thanks

Gavin

TMichaels
10-07-2012, 07:18 AM
There is still the 2006 GPS track map up on the FSG homepage and the results including the lap times are also there. However, the track is of course old and so are the cars that drove that track.

Flight909
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
There are many old FS tracks in the OptimumLap track database.

ht tp : / / share.optimumg . c om/tracks/

OMEGA
11-25-2012, 10:52 AM
anyone any idea about any of Italy tracks ???
please