PDA

View Full Version : formula sae results?

Rob Davies
05-21-2004, 04:19 PM
the event is apparently underway - anyone gonna update with results?

thanks, rob

Rob Davies
05-21-2004, 04:19 PM
the event is apparently underway - anyone gonna update with results?

thanks, rob

ethanL007
05-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Tornado warnings delayed autocross, which was then consequently run on a wet track. Only the cost score has been posted so far, and I cannot recall the winner.

If I get a chance I will try to update later tonight.

P.S. This competition is awesome, great experience all around.

Nick Gidwani
05-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Concordia Won Cost. Also design finalists are Cornell, UTA and U of Western Austrailia.

I believe the fastest time in autocross today before the rain was 46 seconds run by cornell but not positive. That's all the info for now.

Matilda
05-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Tornado warnings? Isn't it supposed to be spring or summer in the US? It's Winter here in Western Australia and we have almost clear blue sky.

Well I guess we should just hold the event here http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif...

Go UWAM!!!!!

Ben Beacock
05-21-2004, 07:40 PM
unofficially

design
1 cornell
1 uta
1 uwa
4 auburn
4 north carolina state
4 Texas A&M
4 Univ of Washington
4 U of M - Ann Arbor
4 Ecole Technologie
4 U of Toronto
4 Ohio State

Autocross
1 Univ of Missouri - Rolla
2 Cornell
3 Auburn
4 Texas A&M
5 Univ of Akron
6 Univ of Washington
7 Univ of Guelph
8 Georgia Institute of Technology
9 California State
10 Univ of Illinois

ethanL007
05-22-2004, 03:37 AM
dartmouth was also in design semis, so you can add them to ben's list in the unofficial tie for fourth.

roadrunner
05-22-2004, 06:12 AM
Anyone know how Oxford Brookes University are doing? It would appear all our team have put so much effort in that their brains can no longer operate tele communications!!!

Charlie
05-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Design Semis did not mean you were in a tie for fourth in design. See the thread in 'competitions'

ben
05-23-2004, 03:04 AM
Do any of you guys know how Uni of Birmingham is getting on?

frau holle
05-23-2004, 05:57 AM
do any of you know something about the german team from stralsund?

Matilda
05-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Well done and congrats to the UWAM guys in Detroit! Doing us proud with the FSM 200.

Winning Design - absolutely SENSATIONAL.

I think a honorary UWUKKA is in order...

simonsuarez
05-23-2004, 10:43 AM
what about the venezuelan teams (Simon Bolivar and UNIMET)? does anyone know how are they doing?

Simon Suarez
Equipo FSAE-LUZ
www.fsae-luz.org (http://www.fsae-luz.org)

Richy O
05-23-2004, 01:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ben:
Do any of you guys know how Uni of Birmingham is getting on? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I thought you were going over there Ben?

RickyRacer
05-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Hey everyone,
Writing from michigan. Just wanted to fill you guys in abit with what went on. There was some pretty bad rain on Friday that caused a delay in the running of the auto-x. There were tornado warnings and the event staff forced everyone to pack up their cars and all of their equipment back into the trailers. There were a handfull of cars that had been running the auto-x in the dry and they were forced to leave their cars out on the track during the whole ordeal. After a couple of ours, everything returned to normal. Teams put rain tires on and ran the auto-x but only one driver was able to compete and the times of the schools who ran in the dry were kept(lucky teams). Those of you from Stralsund, your car completed all of the events. UTA was unable to finish the endurance because of oil that dripped from the differential housing.(That is what I was told) Thats is about all I know.
Ricky Torres
Cal State Long Beach

ben
05-24-2004, 03:32 AM
Ben is over there, just the forum got confused

Angry Joe
05-24-2004, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RickyRacer:
Hey everyone,
Writing from michigan. Just wanted to fill you guys in abit with what went on. There was some pretty bad rain on Friday that caused a delay in the running of the auto-x. There were tornado warnings and the event staff forced everyone to pack up their cars and all of their equipment back into the trailers. There were a handfull of cars that had been running the auto-x in the dry and they were forced to leave their cars out on the track during the whole ordeal. After a couple of ours, everything returned to normal. Teams put rain tires on and ran the auto-x but only one driver was able to compete and the times of the schools who ran in the dry were kept(lucky teams). Those of you from Stralsund, your car completed all of the events. UTA was unable to finish the endurance because of oil that dripped from the differential housing.(That is what I was told) Thats is about all I know.
Ricky Torres
Cal State Long Beach <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fantastic. They kept Lehigh from running on dry tires even though the track was COMPLETELY DRY. I assumed it was in the spirit of fairness but I guess this was not the case. Between this, closing the autocross earlier than scheduled and Hoosier refusing to mount our tires (no one else had the capability) I'm pretty pissed.

I hope I don't sound like I'm whining but every year I see so much hard work thrown away, and it's very frustrating...

fsae_alum
05-24-2004, 06:29 AM
Angry Joe, What did your car weigh in at?

David Alexander
05-24-2004, 07:56 AM
UK teams brief update

UK teams did not have the best weekend. They finished Oxford Brooks, Birmingham, Leeds. Brooks, I believe had engine issues of some sort. Birmingham was having engine issues which led to not being able to pull away correctly. Leeds blew and engine on thursday and then had issues getting through brake and noise so did not compete in dynamic events.

Highlights were some good cost scores from all and Birmingham finishing joint 12th in design.

Angry Joe
05-24-2004, 11:32 AM
301 lbs. And though it was light, it was not a fragile car by any means.

V2 - Italy
05-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Waiting for the official/unofficial FSAE results, I found this link
of the Formula SUZUKI Hayabusa
http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
http://www.suzukisport.com/english/index.html

Please post the results ASAP.

V2

Daygo Nighthawk
05-24-2004, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Angry Joe:
...and Hoosier refusing to mount our tires (no one else had the capability) I'm pretty pissed.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goodyear couldn't mount the tires for you?

Univ. of California San Diego (car #96) kept having small bugs which kept us from running at our full potential. We passed tech the second time through with some extra safety wire on the car, and weighed in at 585 lbs.

Unfortunately, some sketchy wiring made our car cut out in the middle of 4th gear on our best acceleration pass. The best we could manage was a 4.7xx sec pass.

Tires mounted on the car weren't scrubbed in by the time we ran skidpad, and we did quite poorly there.

On the second (wet) autocross run, we were pulling down a moderately fast lap when the same ECU wiring problem left us on the side of the course. The first lap was ultra conservative, and that was our scored lap. The wiring problem was subsequently found and fixed.

During enduro, we ran late in the afternoon and were starting to pull in faster and faster laps (2 or 3 passes and 66.xx lap times) but spun and couldn't restart due to an overheated clutch slave cylinder, which boiled the fluid.

Dr Katz
05-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey guys,

The University of Maryland team just wanted to thank everybody who helped us out, especially after the rollover. Calgary & Kettering helped us out with rod ends, Texas A&M mounted our tires for endurance, and there are about 5 other schools that we wouldnt have had a chance to burn up our clutch without their help. We had a great time and now it's time to party.

Peace