PDA

View Full Version : Technical documentation of any SAE formula

Mindaugas
09-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Hello,
Would like to buy a technical documentation (drawings, calculations etc.) of any succsesseful SAE formula. Chassis and suspension - the most interesting part. Engine tuning, electrical schemes are not neccessary.
Going to build up the formula for my own: fun and track days. Would use with the Yamaha FZR1000 engine.
Have the space, basic tools&knowledges and also accsess to some machining equipment. So, really sophisticated projects (monocoks etc.) is out of my capabilities.

I'm totaly outside this project. So, will no compete in any way http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Mindaugas Akelis,
Lithuania

Mindaugas
09-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Hello,
Would like to buy a technical documentation (drawings, calculations etc.) of any succsesseful SAE formula. Chassis and suspension - the most interesting part. Engine tuning, electrical schemes are not neccessary.
Going to build up the formula for my own: fun and track days. Would use with the Yamaha FZR1000 engine.
Have the space, basic tools&knowledges and also accsess to some machining equipment. So, really sophisticated projects (monocoks etc.) is out of my capabilities.

I'm totaly outside this project. So, will no compete in any way http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Mindaugas Akelis,
Lithuania

ben
09-02-2004, 08:09 AM
The fun of this comp is doing all this sort of work for yourself and seeing the end result on the track. I suspect very few people here would just give you calcs and designs.

If you have the resources to build the thing I suspect you could find the resources to design one as well.

Ben

Mindaugas
09-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi,
Thanks for replay.
I'm totaly agree with you re. having fun from creating something.
I had such an exercise with the rotary engines. It cost my 3 years to see the result.
Now I decided to try to have more fun from driving instead of sitting into garage http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
So, looking for some project, which I'd finish till the spring. In case I have a spare FZR1000 engine.
That was the idea (actually the idea belongs to my buddy. He gave me the link)
Regards,
Mindaugas Akelis

ben
09-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Most FSAE team students put their heart and soul, plus much too many hours of time into these cars. It's not really appropriate to ask someone to give that up for free.

Would you walk into a company and ask for its intellectual property for nothing?

Ben

Mindaugas
09-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi,
That's very understandable. It happens so, that I forgot to write "WTB".
Regards,
Mindaugas Akelis

Mark Bacchetti
10-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Many FSAE teams have written technical papers on their cars. You can purchase many of them at SAE.org. I have got very useful information on topics ranging from chassis stiffness to suspension rates to intake design. They are definitely worth the money (at $9.60/paper for members).