PDA

View Full Version : Electromotive TEC-II Wanted ASAP

GREGS
03-22-2004, 05:49 AM
We've resently fried our ECU and need a replacement as soon as possilbe. Let me know if anyone has one for sale. Thanks

GREGS
03-22-2004, 05:49 AM
We've resently fried our ECU and need a replacement as soon as possilbe. Let me know if anyone has one for sale. Thanks

acracker
03-22-2004, 08:46 AM
We have one from around 1998 that we last used on a test motor last summer. Everything is in good working order. It has the old prom chip so the programming has to be done through dos. E-mail me if you're interested abloc001@odu.edu

Charlie
03-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Some advice, when we 'fried' two TEC-IIs in 2002 it turned out all we ruined was the e-prom chips. And they got ruined due to a corrupt file upload. So you may contact Electromotive and try to order an e-prom only, if they still sell them. And change your datafile before you upload it again.

GREGS
03-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the advice Charlie. We acually had the failure while we were running. Driving around the track and the car just shut off, then wouldn't start back up. We were getting no spark what so ever. Do you think that what you suggested could still be the case.