PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual UofT Shootout

Zanini
02-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi Everyone

For this year our team is looking into a 2-Day long event at Mosport Raceway (Bowmanville Ontario) for the Shootout. The first day would be 1 lap time trials like in the past while the second day would be Endurance races. Tentative dates are Sept 16th and 17th with the first day at the Go-Kart track (same as last year) and we will try to get the Driver Development Track for the second day.

If you would like to attend the Shootout please either post or email me at daniel@fsae.utoronto.ca (please indicate whether you would prefer a 1-day or 2-day event as it would help me with the planning and decision to switch over to a 2-day event).

For teams unfamiliar with the Shootout, in the past it has been a full day of time trials (over 400 laps were run last year split between 10 cars). Top prize was a set of Goodyear tires (hoping to include prize money this year) and the entry fee was around $100 Cdn.

The team is also looking into getting funding help from our SAE Chapter to provide a travel stipend for teams that have to travel from out of country and province.

For more info about past Shootouts check out http://www.fsae.utoronto.ca/2002/100105.html

Thanks

Daniel Zanini
University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing
daniel@fsae.utoronto.ca

Zanini
02-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi Everyone

For this year our team is looking into a 2-Day long event at Mosport Raceway (Bowmanville Ontario) for the Shootout. The first day would be 1 lap time trials like in the past while the second day would be Endurance races. Tentative dates are Sept 16th and 17th with the first day at the Go-Kart track (same as last year) and we will try to get the Driver Development Track for the second day.

If you would like to attend the Shootout please either post or email me at daniel@fsae.utoronto.ca (please indicate whether you would prefer a 1-day or 2-day event as it would help me with the planning and decision to switch over to a 2-day event).

For teams unfamiliar with the Shootout, in the past it has been a full day of time trials (over 400 laps were run last year split between 10 cars). Top prize was a set of Goodyear tires (hoping to include prize money this year) and the entry fee was around $100 Cdn.

The team is also looking into getting funding help from our SAE Chapter to provide a travel stipend for teams that have to travel from out of country and province.

For more info about past Shootouts check out http://www.fsae.utoronto.ca/2002/100105.html

Thanks

Daniel Zanini
daniel@fsae.utoronto.ca

Zanini
05-10-2006, 08:36 AM
5th Annual Univerisity of Toronto Shootout sponsored by Lincoln Electric

The Shootout will once again happen at Mosport International Raceway's Go-Kart Track (Bowmanville Ontario) for a full day of one lap time trials.

Date: Sat. Sept 16th 2006
Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Location: Mosport International Raceway www.mosport.com (http://www.mosport.com)
Entry Fee: $75 CDN
RSVP: daniel@fsae.utoronto.ca (field will be limited to 15 teams)

Prize money: 1st Place $100 CDN +
2nd Place $100 CDN
3rd Place $50 CDN

Additionally,
1) The first seven teams that are located outside of Ontario to register will recieve $200 CDN to help pay for towing.
2) At the noon hour teams will have a chance to drive the full Mosport track in their FSAE car.
3) A free BBQ and award ceremony will be held after the Shootout in conjunction with the British Empire Motor Club.
4) All cars will have to pass a tech inspection supervised by the British Empire Motor Club.

At Formula SAE pamphlets will be given out summarizing all details and contact info. Please email me or visit the UofT team while at competition for more information

Daniel Zanini

Special Thanks to:
Lincoln Electric
SAE Central Ontario Section
British Empire Motor Club
Mosport International Raceway