PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Safety Form

SomeOldGuy
01-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Does any know when this form will be released to the teams as this is now due in one month. Is there a secret spot where this form is currently located.

SomeOldGuy
01-02-2013, 11:46 PM
I hope that all US teams have looked at the FS UK 2012 version of the ESF form as it is quite lengthy, required to be less than 100 pages type lengthy.

Also there is a question of what is this form?

From 2013 rules A8.1 A5 “Electrical Systems Officer and Electrical Systems Advisor Form” - Use required form located at www.fsaeonline.com (http://www.fsaeonline.com)

This form is not on fsaeonline.com and also has no action deadline on the SAE site. So is this something that actually needs to be done?

Here is my plea to anyone at the SAE. We are already working very hard and if we receive a form that will take a substantial amount of time to fill out properly please give us more than a few weeks. We are down to 4 weeks on the ESF and there is no document to download. This project is already fairly hard so please do not add to it unnecessarily.

A question to anyone in the know. Is the US version of this form going to be copy, paste, change header type affair from the UK form from last year. If so that would be great and we can start working on a final version of this now.

AndreasK
01-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Hi,

you could use the 2012 template from FSE to save some time. It can be found on www.formulastudent.de (http://www.formulastudent.de). I hope the difference between the 2012 FSE template and the 2013 FSAE template wont be that big.

JMSelectric
03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi,

We, at the University of Kansas, submitted our ESF just before the deadline on the 1st of February, and have not heard back as to whether we have passed or failed. I know from looking at past results of the German competitions that very few teams pass the ESF on their first submission, but I was unsure of what sort of time frame we should expect feedback on our document. We also plan on requesting a re-upload of the document as a few details of our system have changed since February 1st, however if possible I would like to wait for feedback before doing so in case other action items will need addressing. Does anyone possible have any guidance on this matter?

Thanks,
Andrew Mertz
Team Lead
Jayhawk Motorsports Electric