PDA

View Full Version : FSAE West- spectators

Brian J
06-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey everyone. Arizona State will not be making it this year, but I was thinking of coming out to the West competition anyway to see what things are like. Can someone please tell me: can I walk around and talk to people, or are spectators quarantined off at all?

Thanks!

Brian

Brian J
06-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey everyone. Arizona State will not be making it this year, but I was thinking of coming out to the West competition anyway to see what things are like. Can someone please tell me: can I walk around and talk to people, or are spectators quarantined off at all?

Thanks!

Brian

Dave M
06-09-2006, 04:10 AM
yes, and nope

js10coastr
06-09-2006, 06:34 AM
I believe there was a quote in Road and Track that went something like...

"...you can walk up to a car, point to a part and ask 'what's this do?' and get an overly detailed explanation from an overly enthusiastic student."

Steve Yao
06-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Since I doubt Road and Track has published their article on FSAE Detroit, that must have been a previous year. This year, both competitons are being held in decidedly more controlled-access environments than the decrepit parking lot of the Silverdome.

So the question translates to: "Are the gates open for anyone to walk in or are only officials, volunteers, and registered team members allowed?"

wingman
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Access to the event will be free and open to spectators.

You will need to sign waivers and will be restricted to "non hot" areas.

I think access to the event will be somewhere between the Old Detroit (Silverdome) and new Detroit (Proving grounds)...

Regards,

Ian

Brian J
06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey thanks a lot everyone. See those of you competing there!

Brian

TG
06-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey Brian,

you do know you can ask me this kind of stuff. But anyways, were you able to make it out to the comp?

Brian J
06-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey Tim,

Competition was fun! My friend and I were watching the endurance event from the pit area for an hour before we and the event organizers realized we weren't allowed back there!

It was great talking to so many people from the competing teams.