PDA

View Full Version : Thread class

anil
06-25-2008, 11:32 PM
In thraeding which class is superior? How threding class choose for varius application?

anil
06-25-2008, 11:32 PM
In thraeding which class is superior? How threding class choose for varius application?

exFSAE
06-26-2008, 06:14 AM
I was going to reply to this since I was in good spirits.. but then found out there's no coffee. And that just took me right down.

As I'm sure many will point out..

a) If you're an engineer, this information should be very readily available

b) Google it! Or check efunda

c) There is no ONE thread that is better than all others. If there was, no one would use anything else. This is common sense, man. Its like asking the question "For racecar what is best metal." Or.. "For painting house what is best color?" or.. "What is best college?"

Don't know why, but hell I'll even cater to this lazyness while I wait for a new pot to brew.

For unified threads.. Class 1 is super loose. Think allthread. Class 2, midrange, most fasteners are in this range. Class 3 is precise, tighter fit. Machinery's Handbook or if you just spent a minute and GOOGLED it would give you all youd want to know for dimensions and tolerances.

Composites Guy
06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I find that the "advanced stitchery" class that meets on Thursday afternoons is superior. Most of the ladies in there have been sewing for years.... the snow is really on the mountain in there if you know what I mean! This class won't give you the essentials of loading the bobbin or working the foot properly, making buttonholes, etc., however if you've ever wanted to put some cute little embroidary around your collar, or some stretchy elastic hem inside your blouse then you'll love this class.

Now you're right... it all depends on your application. What are you hoping to make... a nice homemade quilt???

MalcolmG
06-26-2008, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Composites Guy:
I find that the "advanced stitchery" class that meets on Thursday afternoons is superior. Most of the ladies in there have been sewing for years.... the snow is really on the mountain in there if you know what I mean! This class won't give you the essentials of loading the bobbin or working the foot properly, making buttonholes, etc., however if you've ever wanted to put some cute little embroidary around your collar, or some stretchy elastic hem inside your blouse then you'll love this class.

Now you're right... it all depends on your application. What are you hoping to make... a nice homemade quilt??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am officially awarding you 10 points for that response. Gold.