PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Purchased Parts

ranass
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi

I have a problem regarding the cost of the bought parts. Should we use the actual prices we bought parts or is there a fixed price for purchased parts? If there is a fixed price for purchased parts, where can we find those prices?

Thanks

Sanjaya

MSU Motor Sports

ranass
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi

I have a problem regarding the cost of the bought parts. Should we use the actual prices we bought parts or is there a fixed price for purchased parts? If there is a fixed price for purchased parts, where can we find those prices?

Thanks

Sanjaya

MSU Motor Sports

RobbyObby
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
All the prices for almost any part you can imagine might possibly go into a car are in the Materials table on fsaeonline . com.

Francis Gagné
03-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Some parts are in the Material table or the fastener table as said by RobbyObby, also, some parts will be said Cost as made. You have to fully cost these parts as if you were bulding them.

If a part is not in the material table on fsaeonline.com you can look into Add Item Request table (AIR). This is the place where people ask and get answered for the cost of bought parts. If you're going for the Michigan competition I think the deadline for an AIR request was 1st March. In this case you will have to cost as made the parts that are missing.

Good luck!