PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Honeycomb Group Buy?

ABelton
09-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Right now I'm trying to judge interest to see if CMU would be willing to head a group buy of a sheet of Al Honeycomb for use in Impact Attenuators (Crashboxes).

Cost/piece would be dependant on the cost from Hexcel (or whoever we would buy from) and number of teams interested.

Let me know ASAP if you're at all interested, or if someone else is already going to do this for this upcoming season!

ABelton
09-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Right now I'm trying to judge interest to see if CMU would be willing to head a group buy of a sheet of Al Honeycomb for use in Impact Attenuators (Crashboxes).

Cost/piece would be dependant on the cost from Hexcel (or whoever we would buy from) and number of teams interested.

Let me know ASAP if you're at all interested, or if someone else is already going to do this for this upcoming season!

95M3Racer
09-29-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm intersted.

What specific type and dimensions were you looking to get?

JerryLH3
10-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I think we are a toss up on whether to run foam again or if we would switch to aluminum honeycomb this year.

If we decide on Al, we'd certainly be interested in a group buy.

BStoney
10-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Cincy is interested to do some physical testing...depending on the $$ of course... keep us posted.

FSU Bulldog
10-18-2006, 01:17 PM
May have some interest from Ferris, keep us posted.

Henderbt
11-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Same goes for Clarkson.

kwancho
11-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Ditto Stanfurd.

ABelton
11-14-2006, 10:11 AM
OK, good to know there are some others interested in some Al honeycomb. I've been very busy and have been having trouble getting in contact with Hexcell or a reseller for pricing information. I will hopefully be able to get to that Friday or early next week and then I can post a cost estimate here and see how many people are still interested.