PDA

View Full Version : Competition Coooking

Moody
03-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Random question:

Our truck driver is excited about going with us back to Detroit this year, and after seeing last year's competition and how we were all runnin around chickens w/o heads, he wants to help us out by cooking there on site for lunch. I know we can't have open flames there in the paddock, but it's been noted to me that several teams had work-arounds for that ... can anyone shed some light on how you cooked your BBQ in the pits? There could be a scrumptious Alabama pork sammich in it for the best idea
=-)

Moody
03-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Random question:

Our truck driver is excited about going with us back to Detroit this year, and after seeing last year's competition and how we were all runnin around chickens w/o heads, he wants to help us out by cooking there on site for lunch. I know we can't have open flames there in the paddock, but it's been noted to me that several teams had work-arounds for that ... can anyone shed some light on how you cooked your BBQ in the pits? There could be a scrumptious Alabama pork sammich in it for the best idea
=-)

Dave M
03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=storehome%2fpg_storehome.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0976392550.1110475584@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccddaddedhhldejcgelceffdfgidgjn.0&MID=9876&pos=t06

its a little small, but its electric

-
03-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I remember last year teams being allowed to grill food and such outside of the padock by the garage where we all had to hide during the tornado watch.

I am trying to see if we can sneak a grill in the back of the trailer this year to let some of the kids who won't be working on the car 24/7 to possibly help out the rest of team with food from time to time.

IsheeM
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Wow, this is news to me. You cant grill in the paddock? Neither carcoal nor gas grills? My parents are coming up just to cook for us during the comp. I dont think they would like to be camped out in the middle of no where by that garage.

BStoney
03-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Yes, there is specifically a rule about no open flames in the paddock area (At least this has been the rule each time I've been there the last two years). We couldn't use our propane heater a few years back b/c of the open flame. Welders are cool, but no open flames.

My advice..get a biiiiiiig Foreman and have at it! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mizzouracing
04-06-2005, 08:27 PM
We always cook out of our trailer at the event, we ussually bring two electric pans, a hot plate for chili, and our prized hot dog steamer. also a good idea is a dorm fridge in the trailer to keep meat and other stuff cold. Oh yeah and bring a couch for in the trailer to catch those few hours of sleep on.