PDA

View Full Version : CBR600

Denisk31
10-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Denis Kelleher. I am Head of the Engine Group at University of Strathclyde Motorsport Team at Strathclyde University, United Kingdom. I am posting here to ask three questions which I am struggling to answer:

1) We are using a CBR600FX (F4) which has a dry sump system but I am looking to buy the next model which is a CBR600FS1 (F4i, I think??). It is basically the same engine as the FX but with the addition of fuel injection, a cam sensor and gold coloured gearbox covers. I believe they are the same engine numbers but I was wondering if anyone knew if the mounting points or the internals for the dry sump fitment are different.

2) Last year we used a dry sump system which was very successful. We replaced the water pump with the new oil pump for the dry sump and then employed an electric water pump. I noticed at the competition that a few teams put the origional mechanical water pump on the end of the oil pump. I was just wondering if this was difficult to do?

3) Finally regarding our fuel injection system. We use an ECU from DTA. It is the cheaper version (£500) which does not allow sequential fuel injection. Instead the injectors fire twice for every revolution. Does this lead to a lot of unburnt fuel and is the sequential fuel injection advantageous?

Your help is greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from everyone who has an opinion on the matters raised.

Kind Regards,

Denis

Denisk31
10-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Denis Kelleher. I am Head of the Engine Group at University of Strathclyde Motorsport Team at Strathclyde University, United Kingdom. I am posting here to ask three questions which I am struggling to answer:

1) We are using a CBR600FX (F4) which has a dry sump system but I am looking to buy the next model which is a CBR600FS1 (F4i, I think??). It is basically the same engine as the FX but with the addition of fuel injection, a cam sensor and gold coloured gearbox covers. I believe they are the same engine numbers but I was wondering if anyone knew if the mounting points or the internals for the dry sump fitment are different.

2) Last year we used a dry sump system which was very successful. We replaced the water pump with the new oil pump for the dry sump and then employed an electric water pump. I noticed at the competition that a few teams put the origional mechanical water pump on the end of the oil pump. I was just wondering if this was difficult to do?

3) Finally regarding our fuel injection system. We use an ECU from DTA. It is the cheaper version (£500) which does not allow sequential fuel injection. Instead the injectors fire twice for every revolution. Does this lead to a lot of unburnt fuel and is the sequential fuel injection advantageous?

Your help is greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from everyone who has an opinion on the matters raised.

Kind Regards,

Denis

hope & hopeless
07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
out of 3questions i only able to answer one of them. Hope it help.

For the engine mounting point. Last year i brought 3 CBR600F4i engine. Which manufac around 2000 to 2002 and surprisingly three engine have slightly different mounting point. I think is around 1cm off.