PDA

View Full Version : FSAE Challenge in Salina

rtrey
04-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I wanted to thank the Salina Region SCCA group for holding the FSAE Challenge a couple of weeks ago. No one started a thread on this earlier, so I just wanted to say a couple of things in response to the April newsletter. All the teams at the event were really cool with each other which made the weekend really fun. Also, the newsletter didn't mention this, but Oklahoma was running our 2006 car which had only been driving for about a week at that point. We hadn't done any suspension setups or testing, and it felt and ran great. The only problems we encountered were a small electrical fire (easily fixable) and a bent control arm (from improper loading on the trailer). We hope to see the rest of you in Detroit and California 'cause we've got a fast one this time.

-Trey

rtrey
04-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I wanted to thank the Salina Region SCCA group for holding the FSAE Challenge a couple of weeks ago. No one started a thread on this earlier, so I just wanted to say a couple of things in response to the April newsletter. All the teams at the event were really cool with each other which made the weekend really fun. Also, the newsletter didn't mention this, but Oklahoma was running our 2006 car which had only been driving for about a week at that point. We hadn't done any suspension setups or testing, and it felt and ran great. The only problems we encountered were a small electrical fire (easily fixable) and a bent control arm (from improper loading on the trailer). We hope to see the rest of you in Detroit and California 'cause we've got a fast one this time.

-Trey

conekilr
04-07-2006, 10:29 AM
That was a really fun weekend! Your car was super quick out of the box. For those who weren't there, Mizzou broke something on their suspension and were able to fix it over night to compete on sunday. Unfortunately K-state broke a half shaft on Saturday and were not able to make it to the competition Sunday. Also, there were a few team members from Wichita State University, who have a first year team, who are still building their '06 like we are. Thanks for the fun competition and best of luck to everyone at the real deal in May and June.