PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has an old differential?

Mi_Ko
11-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Hi.

Just searching for an old but good torsen differential?(Uni special or simmilar are preffered)

We can't find any cheap old one on our junkyards. All are far ower 300$ a bit to much for an old spare part.

2002/03 University of MARIBOR - Team Member

PatClarke
11-26-2003, 03:45 AM
Miko, time to ask yourself do you really need a differential? Save you lots of money and lots of mass to carry and rotate.
With proper design it can be made to work.
Last week I drove a new FSAE car with no diff...the rear wheels were locked together. The car drove just fine! No, it drove bloody well, with none of the expected understeer.
You just have to think about it and do a little research...the information is out there, you just have to look! or ask http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

PDR

Rudeness is a weak mans imitation of strength

Mi_Ko
11-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Yeas I know there is a possibility to make a good car without a differential. The amount of points in the skidpad isn't so big if you do your homework very well.

But how is this goingt to decrease your design event score?
And at least you can use a differential more than one year. (if you don't save your old cars!)
We already decided to buy the uni special. I'm just searching for a cheaper, old one. And 5kg of weight difference isn't so much.

2002/03 University of MARIBOR - Team Member