PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft coupling

Ben Beacock
03-03-2003, 06:34 AM
What have teams used to couple a driveshaft to the output where the sprocket is? Our current plan is to bolt a flange on with the large nut, then bolt the driveshaft to the flange. The other option we thought of is to use identical sprockets and a double chain for a bit of flexure which is ideal in our case.
Other classes of racing use MC engines with a driveshaft (Canadian Dwarf Cars that I know of) and i'm wondering what common practice for those cars is. I'm trying to track some of these guys down.

Ben Beacock
Chassis Design and Technical Coordinator
Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph

Ben Beacock
03-03-2003, 06:34 AM
What have teams used to couple a driveshaft to the output where the sprocket is? Our current plan is to bolt a flange on with the large nut, then bolt the driveshaft to the flange. The other option we thought of is to use identical sprockets and a double chain for a bit of flexure which is ideal in our case.
Other classes of racing use MC engines with a driveshaft (Canadian Dwarf Cars that I know of) and i'm wondering what common practice for those cars is. I'm trying to track some of these guys down.

Ben Beacock
Chassis Design and Technical Coordinator
Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph