PDA

View Full Version : Cost Report - assembly time

Ben Beacock
03-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Do the specified costs (tube bends, cuts, end preps) also require assembly time or is that incorporated into their costs?

ie i have frame tubes that are bent, but does it also require an assembly entry for the time it took to make that bend?

Ben Beacock
Chassis Design and Technical Coordinator
Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph

Ben Beacock
03-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Do the specified costs (tube bends, cuts, end preps) also require assembly time or is that incorporated into their costs?

ie i have frame tubes that are bent, but does it also require an assembly entry for the time it took to make that bend?

Ben Beacock
Chassis Design and Technical Coordinator
Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph

Nam Tran
03-25-2003, 11:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do the specified costs (tube bends, cuts, end preps) also require assembly time or is that incorporated into their costs?

ie i have frame tubes that are bent, but does it also require an assembly entry for the time it took to make that bend? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understood the assembly costs as what it takes to put two parts together. In your case, I would say that the bent tube is a component. If you welded something to that tube, the weld would be part of the assembly cost.

The tube segment itself has no assembly time.