PDA

View Full Version : SVSU / SCCA AutoCross Event

Andy Bauman
07-14-2003, 06:43 PM
As many of the Formula SAE teams who love to race at SCCA Events know, there is no specific class for us to compete in through-out the year. So, Cardinal Formula Racing of Saginaw Valley State University is planning to hold an AutoCross Event for Formula SAE Race Cars on Saturday, August 2, 2003. It would be held on the campus of SVSU and the SCCA Saginaw Valley Region is going to supply their equipment and a few workers and safety stewards. The course will be a random Autocross course, and, depending on how many teams participate, we should be able to continuously stage cars as they would like to run, until we run out of time. I should know with in the next week whether or not SVSU will let us have the event and use the three parking lots I am requesting, and if SCCA SV Region will be able to have the proper number of course workers attend. I have to organize with basically three organizations SCCA, SVSU and all the FSAE teams simultaneously, so, I need to line up as many teams as possible, as soon as possible. The only cost to each of the teams would be the insurance coverage through the SCCA. Please let me know if your team is interested in participating in this event by Monday, July 21, 2003. We will only hold the event if we get at least three other schools to participate.

Thanks,

Andy J. Bauman
Cardinal Formula Racing
Project Manager
Saginaw Valley State University
7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710-0001
Work Phone: 989-964-4897
Fax: 989-964-2717
Email: ajbauman@hotmail.com

---
Andy J. Bauman
Project Manager
Cardinal Formula Racing

Andy Bauman
07-14-2003, 06:43 PM
As many of the Formula SAE teams who love to race at SCCA Events know, there is no specific class for us to compete in through-out the year. So, Cardinal Formula Racing of Saginaw Valley State University is planning to hold an AutoCross Event for Formula SAE Race Cars on Saturday, August 2, 2003. It would be held on the campus of SVSU and the SCCA Saginaw Valley Region is going to supply their equipment and a few workers and safety stewards. The course will be a random Autocross course, and, depending on how many teams participate, we should be able to continuously stage cars as they would like to run, until we run out of time. I should know with in the next week whether or not SVSU will let us have the event and use the three parking lots I am requesting, and if SCCA SV Region will be able to have the proper number of course workers attend. I have to organize with basically three organizations SCCA, SVSU and all the FSAE teams simultaneously, so, I need to line up as many teams as possible, as soon as possible. The only cost to each of the teams would be the insurance coverage through the SCCA. Please let me know if your team is interested in participating in this event by Monday, July 21, 2003. We will only hold the event if we get at least three other schools to participate.

Thanks,

Andy J. Bauman
Cardinal Formula Racing
Project Manager
7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710-0001
Work Phone: 989-964-4897
Fax: 989-964-2717
Email: ajbauman@hotmail.com

---
Andy J. Bauman
Project Manager
Cardinal Formula Racing

PRMR2
05-18-2008, 10:32 AM
I plan on atending to potisapate in this event. I have some friend that would like to run to.

Scrappy
05-18-2008, 02:37 PM
you can count Michigan State in

Andy Bauman
05-18-2008, 07:45 PM
All,
Do you realize that this post is nearly five (5) years old. The date says 2003, not 2008.

This event has come and gone!

ANDY

csquinn
05-19-2008, 11:44 AM
What ever happened to the SVSU grand prix anyway? That was a really fun event.

Andy Bauman
05-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Not sure, you will have to take that up with them.