PDA

View Full Version : rally .. ?

jerktaculus
12-13-2003, 05:41 PM
Barring obvious safety implications - i was wondering what technical challenges you think would have to be faced to make an FSAE car dirt or snow rally ready? .. do you think it has relevance? (not so much as an organized competition - but more for fun). I suppose the greatest obstacle would be in traction and stability. Thus reducing the idea back to mini-baja. I know some teams have made cars to compete in both series back in the day when it was technically easier.

Up here in Toronto, we are faced with unco-operative weather for fsae driving for about 6 months of the year - i think it would be a fun extension to the versatility of these cars.

Big Daddy
12-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Why was the idea of a Baja cross over vehicle easier to build back in the day? If you read the rules they actually are very simular with the frame the only real difference being that baja has to have a full roll cage rather than just hoops. Slap on a different engine and thats about it. But anyway just wondering why it was easier back then when Akron did it in 95.

"A woman is a lot like a beer, they look good, smell good, and you would run over your own mother to get one." Homer Simpson

Big Daddy
12-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Just to show that some baja teams have on-road tendencies.......
http://orgs.tntech.edu/baja/hidden/2002-lakepics/lowbaja2002_1102_102126AA.JPG

"A woman is a lot like a beer, they look good, smell good, and you would run over your own mother to get one." Homer Simpson