PDA

View Full Version : Turn radius

Marc Jaxa-Rozen
02-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi all-

Our steering system is still in the design phase and I was wondering about what kind of turn radius we should aim for- my current setup uses adjustable steering arms which give between 5 and 6.5m radii (with low Ackerman values), which seems adequate for the autocross layout but somewhat high compared to some other cars.

We have no experience to base ourselves on as far as driver effot and high-speed twitchiness go, so I was wondering if that was at least in the ballpark.

Thanks-

Marc Jaxa-Rozen
École Nationale d'Aérotechnique

Marc Jaxa-Rozen
02-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi all-

Our steering system is still in the design phase and I was wondering about what kind of turn radius we should aim for- my current setup uses adjustable steering arms which give between 5 and 6.5m radii (with low Ackerman values), which seems adequate for the autocross layout but somewhat high compared to some other cars.

We have no experience to base ourselves on as far as driver effot and high-speed twitchiness go, so I was wondering if that was at least in the ballpark.

Thanks-

Marc Jaxa-Rozen
École Nationale d'Aérotechnique

Schumi_Jr
02-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Check the Formula SAE rules. They specify the minimum radius corner for the autocross and endurance as well as the skidpad radius

Aaron Johnston
University of Waterloo FSAE

www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~fsae (http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~fsae)