Queensland
RMIT
Adelaide
UNSW
Swinburne

Interesting http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PatClarke
12-11-2003, 04:52 AM
If 'Azerbajan' is located about 80 kilometers south of Sydney, I think some butt needs kicking. Don't hide behind dummy IDs and air your grieviences in the proper place.
PDR

Rudeness is a weak mans imitation of strength

Charlie
12-11-2003, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by the cat:
Overall Results FSAE-A 2003

Georgia Tech
Wollongong
RIT
Chalmers
Auburn
Queensland
RMIT
Adelaide
UNSW
Swinburne

Interesting http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did this come from?

-Charlie Ping
Auburn University FSAE (http://eng.auburn.edu/organizations/SAE/AUFSAE)

Denny Trimble
12-11-2003, 01:35 PM
If anybody wants to see the correct results, they're here (xls). (http://www.sae-a.com.au/fsae/downloads/2003_Competition_Results.xls)

The final order is:
Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Chalmers University, SWEDEN
University of Queensland
University of Wollongong
Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
Auburn University, USA
The University of Adelaide
RMIT University
University of NSW
University of Sydney
Swinburne University of Technology
Monash University
University of Western Australia
Tokyo Denki University, JAPAN
University of Melbourne
Deakin University
University of Braunschweig, GERMANY
Curtin University of Technology
Australian National University & Canberra Institute of Technology
University of Newcastle
University of Technology, Sydney

University of Washington Formula SAE ('98, '99, '03, '04)

me
12-16-2003, 08:53 AM
hey Suddenlee,

&lt;snip&gt;
If 'Azerbajan' is located about 80 kilometers south of Sydney, I think some butt needs kicking. Don't hide behind dummy IDs and air your grieviences in the proper place.
PDR
Rudeness is a weak mans imitation of strength
&lt;snip&gt;

rather rude post man...

I'm rather confused about official results - Did GT win and how did Western Australia go? They are going to be a force in detroit if they are as good as everyone is saying... That flame photo is kewl! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Disco
12-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Me,
Denny got the results right, GT won FSAE-A.
Cheers
Steve
ps I think you have much to learn about posting on the forum after reading some of your posts.
BYW What uni are you from??

Big Bird
12-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Charlie, Denny, me, and anyone else who is confused,

Catamongpigeons originally posted his own "alternative" results based on some recalculation he did on the Endurance event. Didn't explain how he did it, but he had some disagreeance with official calculations. Obviously he chickened out and has now removed the original post. So now this whole thread is just meaningless and confusing pap.

To catamongpigeons, no-one appreciates these sort of silly games. If you don't have the spine to publish your own name, uni or to even stand by your own words, I suggest you find some other way to amuse yourself. Same goes to "the cat" and "me", although I'd guess you are all the same individual.

And yes, this is also a "rather rude post". Grow up.

Geoff Pearson
RMIT FSAE 2003

Design it. Build it. Write it off two weeks before the event.

catamongpigeons
12-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Dear all,

sorry about this little mess, I am a bit of a chicken. But I think everyone should know the the scoring spreadsheet has an error IN MY HUMBLE OPINION ONLY.

The reason I first thought about this, is because I noticed that two teams scored maximum points for the endurance event (before fuel). I sort of thought that this was a bit funny, as that shouldnt happen. In the scoring rules, (page 74, 2003 rules) it clearly states that the Tmin should be based on the minimum score achieved over the whole EVENT. Therefore, the scoring in the first enduro event should be based on the 1400 odd score of GT rather than the score used.

Similarly, this is done in the fuel scoring event.

in the main scoring spreadsheet, this error can be VERY easily fixed by doing 3 things.

1. on the first endurance scoring page, make the minimum function 'look' (or count) from both that page AND the next page.
I.e. =MIN([range on first enduro page],[range on second enduro page])

2. on the second endurance page, make the minimum function 'look' at the first endurance page as well.

3. On the fuel scoring page, make the minimum fuel function refer to both heats on that page as well (as done above)

Please interperet this how you want, and use this forum to Constructively discuss this issue... please do not use this valuable space to launch 'personal' attacks on people.

I hope you understand the reasons why I am posting anonamously(sp).

Thankyou.