PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1

Eddie Martin
01-09-2003, 04:05 AM
I take it most people involved in Formula SAE are also keen motor sport fans.
So i was wondering who everybody thought was the third F1 team to stick to Friday mornings and 10 private test days? Is it Renault, Sauber or someone else?

Who do people think will win the championship. Another Schumacher clean sweep or will Williams and McLaren get it together?

Eddie Martin
01-09-2003, 04:05 AM
I take it most people involved in Formula SAE are also keen motor sport fans.
So i was wondering who everybody thought was the third F1 team to stick to Friday mornings and 10 private test days? Is it Renault, Sauber or someone else?

Who do people think will win the championship. Another Schumacher clean sweep or will Williams and McLaren get it together?

vinHonda
01-09-2003, 06:35 PM
I believe it was Toyota trying to cut back some costs.....and give McNish more seat time. He gives good feedback. The man is highly regarded in sportscar circles as a very technical driver who knows the car very well technically.

Ferrari will dominate again. McLaren will try to play catchup .....and they'll be really duking it out w/ Williams.

Look for BAR to take the 'best of the rest' and challenge Williams at times..... after all the new car is pretty much a Williams! (Geoff Willis)

I love F1.

Vinh

University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing Team
www.fsae.utoronto.ca (http://www.fsae.utoronto.ca)

Argus Tuft
01-10-2003, 03:26 AM
Since the inaguration of the F1 World Championship in 1950, only one driver has won his maiden Grand Prix. (Jaques Villeneuve came close until he pinched an oil line and had to give best to Damon). Name him please.

Two F1 teams called themselves ATS and one competed with a current F1 Champ as their first driver, the other was a late 80s forgettable German team with BMW turbo engines and no results, but tell me about the other one ?

Who won Lotus first Grand Prix ?

Finally, give me a quick technical brief on the last Bugatti Grand Prix racer ?

That lot should distract you a bit and send you on some interesting Googling. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Argus

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy !

Eddie Martin
01-11-2003, 03:33 AM
There are two guys who have one their first grand prixs. Farina in 1950 and i think the other guys name was bagheti or something similar in the early 60's.

ATS had something to do with ferrari and/or their drivers in the 60's. If it was a world champion it could have Surtees.

It was probably in the early 60's so i will say Jim Clark.

I think bugatti had something like twin tailshaft's running up the car but i may be wrong.