PDA

View Full Version : Autocross Track Map

formula_geek
05-21-2003, 09:22 AM
Does anyone out there have a GPS track map of this year's autocross track (or lat. accel/speed data)? I would be willing to share our GPS-generated endurance map in exchange for the autocross.

Travis Slagle
Test Engineer
Kettering University FSAE

formula_geek
05-21-2003, 09:22 AM
Does anyone out there have a GPS track map of this year's autocross track (or lat. accel/speed data)? I would be willing to share our GPS-generated endurance map in exchange for the autocross.

Travis Slagle
Test Engineer

tommy
05-21-2003, 11:33 AM
I dont have an auto-x map, but i have a very accurate map of the acceleration track i am willing to trade for your endurance map.

formula_geek
05-21-2003, 12:41 PM
I'll probably upload an image file of the endurance course to our website in the next week or two. I'm still suffering from PFSAESD at the moment (Post Formula SAE Stress Disorder).

Travis

Dr. Bob Woods
05-26-2003, 03:22 PM
We have collected in-car video from both the autocross and endurance tracks. We will post them on our website soon <fsae.uta.edu>. We normally post the track map, the g-g data, and the video. We don't have g-g data, but we would really like to have the track maps. Could anyone help us with this?

-Dr. Bob Woods, UTA Faculty Advisor
woods@mae.uta.edu

Tiga driver
05-29-2003, 06:40 PM
2003 autocross and endurance track maps can be found here:

http://web.umr.edu/~jhnrh7/

They were taken from logger data (ie-lateral accel data). Hope this helps.

My only question to Kettering: Why don't you use your Pi systems during competition? Those generate really good track maps not to mention all of the logger data you can imagine.

James Nelson
jhnrh7@umr.edu
UM Rolla Formula SAE
Data Guy
Graduate Student
web.umr.edu/~formula

Alan
05-29-2003, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiga driver:

My only question to Kettering: Why don't you use your Pi systems during competition? Those generate really good track maps not to mention all of the logger data you can imagine.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we had to cost out the system we use it would put us over $25,000 in the cost report.

V2 - Italy
10-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Did someone download the FS2003 endurance map, from the official web-site during august?

The file is disappeared from the new website.

Thank you
Daniele

Firenze Race Team V2

http://www.firenzerace.too.it

DUCATI POWER at the UniversitÃ* di Firenze