PDA

View Full Version : Engine Management with a 97 Yamaha YZF 600

Alpine1945
09-13-2002, 10:35 AM
I have a 97 Yamaha YZF 600 which is currently fuel injected by a Haltech F9A. I am looking to upgrade to an engine management system that controls both fuel and ignition. My question is if I can use the factory Yamamha pickup coil as the ignition input into one of the engine management systems that does both fuel and ignition control (i.e. Haltech E6K, Wolf 3D, etc). I was wondering if anyone has used this motor with any of these management systems and could lead me in the right direction or if anyone one had technical specs on the pickup coil used in the YZF 600 because the service manual has none.

Thanks
Adam
ach1@cec.wustl.edu
WU FSA

Alpine1945
09-13-2002, 10:35 AM
I have a 97 Yamaha YZF 600 which is currently fuel injected by a Haltech F9A. I am looking to upgrade to an engine management system that controls both fuel and ignition. My question is if I can use the factory Yamamha pickup coil as the ignition input into one of the engine management systems that does both fuel and ignition control (i.e. Haltech E6K, Wolf 3D, etc). I was wondering if anyone has used this motor with any of these management systems and could lead me in the right direction or if anyone one had technical specs on the pickup coil used in the YZF 600 because the service manual has none.

Thanks
Adam
ach1@cec.wustl.edu
WU FSA

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
10-27-2002, 08:19 PM
Our company designs and builds engine management systems (www.pe-ltd.com (http://www.pe-ltd.com)) and we are in the process of designing in this capability for the Honda 600 engines. We are also interested in doing the same thing for other engine lines as well. What does the pickup wheel look like for the YZF? Also, is the sensor just a 2-wire variable reluctance type?