PDA

View Full Version : Small query in costing

Gaanja
06-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi,

I have a query.

Lets say that in one rectangular billet, bell cranks, uprights and certain clamps are water jet cut. How do i cost the operation, material and labour for this???

Gaanja
06-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi,

I have a query.

Lets say that in one rectangular billet, bell cranks, uprights and certain clamps are water jet cut. How do i cost the operation, material and labour for this???

TorqueWrench
06-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I would read over the cost tables as posted on fsaeonline.com. In the tables on that site are all the costs/unit and process multipliers for machining/forming and costs of materials.

If I remember correctly, water jet is done by the length of the cut the water jet must make (forget exact number). Material is cost the same as any other material.

D Collins Jr
06-16-2009, 10:39 PM
You need to provide a machine set up cost for your labor, and if there is any post machining, additional set up costs for that. If you provide a schematic of the billet and the parts to be cut, you can divide your machine set up time by the number of produced parts.

Material is cost by weight, so measure the volume of your billet, and apply a density to it.

Waterjetting is cost by number of inches in the cut.