PDA

View Full Version : Course track for endurance UK 2014 - converting pdf into dimensions data

AJC
05-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Hi,

I have the track layout for the UK 2014 endurance track. I need to convert it into lengths of straights, corner radius and distance etc. so I can put it into a simulator. My supervisor says I need something a bit more high tech than doing it by hand :O(

Anyone done this and know how it can be achieved? Or have the data so I can just use it? I'd be grateful for any suggestions or help.

Thanks
Anita

JulianH
05-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Are you doing this for your team or for a university project or something?
If you just need the results, do it by hand and don't care about your supervisor. Or you can kindly ask some teams if the give you the trackdata, it seems to be the same track layout as 2013, so all teams with data loggers can provide you a good trackmap...

Michael Royce
05-22-2014, 05:18 PM
What is wrong with converting a course map by hand? Is your supervisor hung up on mechanized systems? Very often one will learn a lot more by "doing it by hand" rather than a machine doing the work for you.

RiNaZ
05-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Anita, what about using Canvas software from ACD System? It's like microsoft paint but you can actually measure radius, lines or any complex geometry. Doing it by hand is still the easiest method. But if you have a lot of track layout, the software can really help as long as you have a reference length on any picture or pdf.

http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/canvas-15