PDA

View Full Version : Tire selection

Sachin
08-23-2013, 09:41 AM
how do i select the right tire for my fsae car? what are the different criterias to look into before selecting one?:(

JulianH
08-23-2013, 10:57 AM
If you have only one line to ask. My answer must be: Take a Hoosier. If your car is < 200kg, take the 10inch, if it is above, take the 13 inch.

BillCobb
08-31-2013, 11:13 AM
I recommend selecting the same as the left tire. Same with wheel but turn around because it rotates the other way.

,4lex S.
09-08-2013, 12:26 PM
You can select any tire allowed by the rules.

For the international rules, see T6.3 for info on wheels (which defines your size constraints), and T6.4 for further tire rules. If you are at a competition where the international rules aren't used, then I have no idea.

Beyond that the sky is the limit. Tires have been sourced from Hoosier, Avon, Goodyear (in the past), Michelin, Continental and Dunlop if I recall correctly. The Hoosiers are pretty much the standard for teams these days.

As for selection, you should look into this thread:

http://www.fsae.com/forums/showthread.php?1834-BOOK-LIST-to-reference-for-car-design

Simactive
11-07-2013, 03:13 PM
how do i select the right tire for my fsae car? what are the different criterias to look into before selecting one?:(

Lots of things to look at. What do you expect of the tire and will it give you what you want. If not make your own!