PDA

View Full Version : LeTourneau: Driver Training, Honda Civic

Daves
10-02-2004, 03:11 PM
The day started out fine with our '03 car, but our F4i engine ended up making a raucous noise and then not even starting. The engine's head was milled in 2003 for more horsepower -- it worked, but it sacrificed almost all drivability and reliability (i.e. overheating and idling at 5k).

So one of our team members offered to let all the potential drivers (10 seniors) use his car, just to get some comparison for lap times to select our final drivers for training and eventually competition. His car is a 1991 Honda Civic automatic. It ran fine for the first few laps, but then it started overheating, necessitating many cool-down laps. All the drivers got a chance, though, and by the end, the belts were showing on the Civic's tires. All in all, it was great fun . . .

Daves
10-02-2004, 03:11 PM
The day started out fine with our '03 car, but our F4i engine ended up making a raucous noise and then not even starting. The engine's head was milled in 2003 for more horsepower -- it worked, but it sacrificed almost all drivability and reliability (i.e. overheating and idling at 5k).

So one of our team members offered to let all the potential drivers (10 seniors) use his car, just to get some comparison for lap times to select our final drivers for training and eventually competition. His car is a 1991 Honda Civic automatic. It ran fine for the first few laps, but then it started overheating, necessitating many cool-down laps. All the drivers got a chance, though, and by the end, the belts were showing on the Civic's tires. All in all, it was great fun . . .