PDA

View Full Version : Thanks UTA and Dr. Woods!

penelope
07-17-2005, 05:20 PM
The Texas Autocross Weekend was a blast. Lots of driving without all of the fuss and nerves of the Detroit competion. Thanks for being such great hosts!

-Penelope
University of Texas, Austin

penelope
07-17-2005, 05:20 PM
The Texas Autocross Weekend was a blast. Lots of driving without all of the fuss and nerves of the Detroit competion. Thanks for being such great hosts!

-Penelope
University of Texas, Austin

Wilso
07-18-2005, 06:36 AM
ditto, I had a great time and learned a lot. I'll get my pics posted somewhere as soon as I can.

Travis R
07-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Definitely a blast!
But first I also want to thank our hosts for the weekend, UTA. During the lunch break on Saturday I was able to notice the amount of work it must be for them to put on such an event... working with campus police to get the lot closed off and clear of cars, working with the local SCCA folks to have them bring the timing equipement and run the autocross portion, arranging lunch for everyone, drinks, porta potties, etc , etc, etc. All we had to do was show up and drive. It can't be easy for them to do this every year, but I am very greatful that they do, because it is a lot of fun. So to Dr. Bob, and everyone that helped make this weekend happen I say THANK YOU!
If your team has the ability to come next year you should. The Friday night get together at Dr. Woods house was fun as usual. Lots of racecar talk and games/puzzles and food. Saturday we drove two different tracks, with a BBQ lunch provided in between. I got to drive Arlington's '03 car on the morning track and went ~3 seconds faster than I did in our own car. The car didn't even have the aero on it! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
FUN!
Sunday's autocross made you put it all together to see how you stand up with only three runs. The course was great. I think that's the fastest I've ever gone in our car... flat out in fourth gear. I'm eager to see the results.
I'd love to see anyone's pictures.

Chris Boyden
07-18-2005, 09:32 AM
UTA, Dallas/Ft. Worth SCCA, and Dr. Woods,

Thanks for all of the effort it took to create this event. It was the most fun I've had all year. The autocrossing was awesome and as Travis mentioned, it was the fastest I've ever been in these cars. Flat out in fourth and fifth. Awesome. It was the first time that we were able to put in ~50 to 60 laps between the two cars without a hitch. Damn that felt good to see our cars run flat out continuously.

The cars were fast, the food was good, and it was a great weekend.

Thanks to all involved!

Chris

Travis R
07-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Results from Sunday's autocross are up.
http://autocross.com/tr/tr505.shtml

rtrey
07-18-2005, 01:51 PM
UTA and Dr. Woods,

Thank you for the amazing weekend. We appreciate the amount of effort that goes into a weekend like this. Driving your '02 and '03 cars was awesome. As Travis did, I set my fast time in the afternoon with the '03 car. It's rare for us to get an opportunity to drive with other teams and benchmark ourselves. I think it's a great way for everyone improve their skills and push themselves that much further. I think this was the first time we've had two cars running with little or no problems for an entire weekend.

Thanks again,
Trey
OU Team Captain

Brian1
07-18-2005, 01:56 PM
I had a great time as well. Thanks to Dr Woods, UTA and the local SCCA for putting on the event.

Thanks for the results link Travis

Erich Ohlde
07-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Thank you Dr. Woods, and the UTA FSAE team. And thank you to all of the teams who attended. KU had a blast!, lots of fun driving and a great learning experience (stupid preload). We look forward to racing again at Nationals.

Wilso
07-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Pics, as promised, mostly random stuff. Sorry for the poor quality.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/ca61483/www/Fcar/Texas%20Autocross%20Weekend/

Denny Trimble
07-20-2005, 09:35 AM
D'oh! One hour later...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Forbidden

Available bandwidth quota for this filesystem has been exceeded.
(/ca61483/www/Fcar/Texas Autocross Weekend)

Please, try again later.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nocones2003
07-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Any more photos or maybe some track video?
Sunday's autocross??

DY
07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Thank you UTA, Dr. Woods, and DFW SCCA and all those in attendance. It was a great weekend, overall I think the cars lasted longer and the weather was more bearable than last year, making for a really fun weekend. I'd never used 4th gear before so getting to it twice per lap was was kind of hair-raising. I understand some went to fifth.

I'll try and get my photos and in-car video up in the next few days.

Dr. Bob Woods
07-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks to everbody for the kind words. We enjoyed as much as you. It was a really interesting event and I am glad you all came. We really enjoyed watching people drive our cars and getting their reactions.

I have prepared a summary report with photos of the teams and cars both days and all three track maps on our website http://fsae.uta.edu. Sorry we don't have any video, but I could post some g data. In a day or so I will post all of the times for the weekend.

-Dr. Bob Woods
UTA

nick roberts
07-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks again Dr Woods. We all had a great time the entire weekend. I only wish I would have had a chance to drive one of your cars. Maybe next time.

Dont forget to send some cars to Nationals...I want another shot at you guys with the suspension adjustments you and Kohler suggested &gt;: )

-nick roberts

DY
07-29-2005, 12:27 AM
A few pics and a run from the Sunday track.

http://me.unm.edu/~fsae/teams/2005/main/UTA_AX_2005/