PDA

View Full Version : updates on the proving grounds?...

Homemade WRX
05-01-2006, 08:19 AM
so, has anyone heard any updates on the cameras?...are we allowed to bring them?

Homemade WRX
05-01-2006, 08:19 AM
so, has anyone heard any updates on the cameras?...are we allowed to bring them?

Adam Zemke
05-03-2006, 08:57 AM
The word I hear from some official people in the loop is that "technically" we are not allowed to bring them, but they know that they are not going to be able to enforce it, and they voluntarily admit to that.

Garlic
05-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Good lord people, quit spreading rumors and read the flippin SAE newsletter. That's why they go to the trouble of publishing it.

http://www.sae.org/students/cdsnewsletter0306.pdf

Page 2 I think

Dan G
05-03-2006, 02:22 PM
My two biggest gripes about the sae website:

1) Rules FAQ can't be navigated with Firefox. And it should have a "subscribe" feature that sends you an email with every update.

2) It takes me forever to find those stinking newsletters (really should bookmark that page). I can click and click and click, but I don't find them unless I do a search.

That is all.

moose
05-03-2006, 04:04 PM
The fastest way to find them is to go to the FSAE page, then at the top, just below the membership and other links, it shows almost a tree of where you are in the SAE site. From there just click on Collegiate Design Series, and that brings you to a page with a link to the newsletters.

jaimin
05-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Dan G, use the IE plugin for Firefox. it allows you to open a tab with the paged displayed as if it were opened in IE instead of FF.

second, what is the policy for ice chests for drinks, food, do they go in and out with us on the shuttles? or are we allowed to drive our truck in and out every morning and evening with day stuff?

Adam D. Bell
05-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Just in case someone is lazy and just wants to know the answer to the camera question. They will allow us to use our cameras.

Dan G
05-04-2006, 08:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jaimin:
Dan G, use the IE plugin for Firefox. it allows you to open a tab with the paged displayed as if it were opened in IE instead of FF.

second, what is the policy for ice chests for drinks, food, do they go in and out with us on the shuttles? or are we allowed to drive our truck in and out every morning and evening with day stuff? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, I have that one, I just never use it. Off topic: the gmail manager plugin rocks: http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/