PDA

View Full Version : Subassembly Costing

LSU Dave
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
We're running into a bit of a snag over here. The rules don't clarify on this, and I have a feeling of what we're supposed to do, but how on the BOM should subassemblies be listed? Should they be manufactured or purchased? How is the supplier listed if there are multiple for one item?

Best simple example I can come up with is the fuel vent. It cosists of a fuel line, a clamp (listed in the hose clamps section) and a check valve. These are all put together to form the subassembly.

If anyone could give me any pointers on how to list this, I'd appreciate it.

LSU Dave
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
We're running into a bit of a snag over here. The rules don't clarify on this, and I have a feeling of what we're supposed to do, but how on the BOM should subassemblies be listed? Should they be manufactured or purchased? How is the supplier listed if there are multiple for one item?

Best simple example I can come up with is the fuel vent. It cosists of a fuel line, a clamp (listed in the hose clamps section) and a check valve. These are all put together to form the subassembly.

If anyone could give me any pointers on how to list this, I'd appreciate it.

mario_rbr
03-26-2006, 07:06 PM
hi, I had the same question a month ago, my example is the wishbones, we used tube adaptors,so they are purchased part, we asked the judges and came up with a solution: the parts that are a sub-assembly component have to be listed in the material chart for a manufactured part. of course you have to specify the pages where the receipts are for every purchased component.
Well I`m pretty sure this is the way...I hope to hear some experience based post here.

LSU Dave
03-26-2006, 07:10 PM
That's what we decided to go with. Now that I hear you are doing the same, I feel we're going about it the right way.

Dave