PDA

View Full Version : A unique learning opportunity

Neil_Roberts
06-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm looking for an experienced FSAE student who is a whiz in both CFD and solid modeling to help me engineer a personal racing project. This assignment requires secrecy during the initial phase, but this restriction will be lifted at the appropriate time. In addition to engineering the project, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to be the lead author of a SAE Technical Paper describing the project and its results. Of course you will get to find out what I'm up to, and you will have opportunities to contribute your ideas to the project. This project might also qualify as a research task for college credit.

The nature of the project involves developing and implementing original aerodynamic performance concepts for an open wheel race car. However, none of the concepts in this project are applicable to FSAE cars.

The level of effort for the engineering development phase could be as short as 20 hours for a real whiz, to be completed before your 2011 fall class schedule starts.

As this is intended to be a student-level learning opportunity, pay will be limited to compensation for expenses plus the potential of a cash bonus for outstanding performance. The real compensation will come in the form of extensive mentoring for the successful candidate, both for personal career development and in advising your FSAE team.

If you know that you have what it takes, email your resume and cover letter in .pdf format to:

thinkfastbook
at
gmail
dot
com

The application period for this opportunity will close on July 15, 2011.

Neil_Roberts
06-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm looking for an experienced FSAE student who is a whiz in both CFD and solid modeling to help me engineer a personal racing project. This assignment requires secrecy during the initial phase, but this restriction will be lifted at the appropriate time. In addition to engineering the project, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to be the lead author of a SAE Technical Paper describing the project and its results. Of course you will get to find out what I'm up to, and you will have opportunities to contribute your ideas to the project. This project might also qualify as a research task for college credit.

The nature of the project involves developing and implementing original aerodynamic performance concepts for an open wheel race car. However, none of the concepts in this project are applicable to FSAE cars.

The level of effort for the engineering development phase could be as short as 20 hours for a real whiz, to be completed before your 2011 fall class schedule starts.

As this is intended to be a student-level learning opportunity, pay will be limited to compensation for expenses plus the potential of a cash bonus for outstanding performance. The real compensation will come in the form of extensive mentoring for the successful candidate, both for personal career development and in advising your FSAE team.

If you know that you have what it takes, email your resume and cover letter in .pdf format to:

thinkfastbook
at
gmail
dot
com

The application period for this opportunity will close on July 15, 2011.