PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor appreciation

Steve O
03-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Hey guys, I know that every team here depends heavily on their sponsors to keep the team rolling. With that in mind, I thought that it would be a nice gesture for everyone to post some of their major sponsors for appreciation and to advertise for them a little bit.

Major sponsors for University of Hartford- Hartford Motorsports:

United Tool and Die
Paul Newman
UH SGA
Better Loans
Risse Racing
AED Motorsports
Cooper Tools
Emergency Suppression Systems,Inc
JTEK
Aurora Bearing

Their combined donations are in excess of $40,000

Thank you,

Steve Osuch
President
Hartford Motorsports

Steve O
03-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Hey guys, I know that every team here depends heavily on their sponsors to keep the team rolling. With that in mind, I thought that it would be a nice gesture for everyone to post some of their major sponsors for appreciation and to advertise for them a little bit.

Major sponsors for University of Hartford- Hartford Motorsports:

United Tool and Die
Paul Newman
UH SGA
Better Loans
Risse Racing
AED Motorsports
Cooper Tools
Emergency Suppression Systems,Inc
JTEK
Aurora Bearing

Their combined donations are in excess of $40,000

Thank you,

Steve Osuch
President
Hartford Motorsports

exFSAE
03-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Paul Newman??? Really?

vreihen
03-29-2008, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exFSAE:
Paul Newman??? Really? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is that surprising? Besides being a decent race car driver, Paul is also a huge philanthropist. Here's a statement from his "Newman's Own" brand web site:

http://www.newmansown.com/commongood.cfm

"Paul Newman and the Newman's Own Foundation donate all profits and royalties after taxes for educational and charitable purposes."

He obviously likes race cars, lives in Connecticut (where Steve Osuch's team is located), and likes supporting education. It seems like a match made in heaven for an FSAE team!

At the risk of Paul Newman becoming the FSAE series sponsor, http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif here's a link that I probably shouldn't post:

http://www.newmansown.com/faqs.cfm#q2b

I'll let you do the homework and get the grant guidelines to see if FSAE teams qualify for money from his Foundation.....

Steve O
03-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Yeah he has been a major sponsor for our team for about 10-12 years. If it were not for Paul Newman and United Tool and Die, our team would be in trouble!

It is a smaller organization than you might think, so chances of a series sponsor is unlikely. We got hooked up with him because his right hand man, Mike Brockman, is a University of Hartford alum. Most of their donations are more community based than FSAE. They run a lot of educational camps and things of that nature which ties up a lot of their money.

Steve

Nitesh
03-31-2008, 03:20 AM
Tata Motors.. over the past 3 years, they have contributed to more than half of the team's total budget and even make sure that technical help is available at hand if and when we need it.

AGM Technologies
Bharat Petroleum
Indian Oil Corporation
ONGC
Kalyani Brakes Limited/ Bosch Chassis Systems
Hindalco

Dennis Seichter
03-31-2008, 06:55 AM
Our current premium sponsors are

AVL
Beru
SGL Carbon Group
Bosch Engineering
LuK

Jade
03-31-2008, 07:30 AM
We had an excellent launch for our car two days ago. Narain Karthikeyan, an F1 driver from India was there, and we had a lot of fun!

Our main sponsor is IIT Bombay, while our associate sponsors are:
- Tenneco Automotive
- Aqua Logistics
- Air India
- Bharat Petroleum / Speed fuels

Anvit Garg
03-31-2008, 07:37 AM
New team starting!

So far...thanks to

-Mom for sponsoring some of my books.
-Dog for not eating my RCVD book.

BrendonD
03-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Ford Motor Company
Parker Hannifin
Caterpillar
Chicago Cycle
Suzuki North America
Goodyear
Federal Mogul
Solidworks

to name all the major ones

Newman-Haas (now Newman-Haas-Lanigan) is about 25 minutes from here, I've been thinking about organizing a field-trip out there.

jeff-NIUMS
03-31-2008, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrendonD:
Ford Motor Company
Parker Hannifin
Caterpillar
Chicago Cycle
Suzuki North America
Goodyear
Federal Mogul
Solidworks

to name all the major ones

Newman-Haas (now Newman-Haas-Lanigan) is about 25 minutes from here, I've been thinking about organizing a field-trip out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, let us know if you do that! We've been thinking about heading up there too.

BrendonD
03-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah will do, I think we'll be pretty bored out here in Evanston after the competition, we still have 3 weeks of school afterwards!