PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Engineer Position

Lee Cross
05-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Imaging Systems Technology is a small, family owned electronic design consulting company located in Toledo, Ohio. The company's core competency is in military and consumer Plasma Display technology, and the company also does consulting and patent work for many different industries.

We are currently looking to hire a student or degreed engineer with (or pursuing) a BSEE or equivalent degree for a co-op position or full-time position to do the following:
- Design digital logic for Altera FPGA's to be used in Plasma Display Panels.
- Write microcontroller firmware in c.
- Design and layout PCBs for digital and mixed-signal systems.

The ideal candidate should have experience in at least two of three areas:
- Digital logic design
- Microcontroller programming
- PCB layout and circuit design

Our preferred tools are:
- Altera FPGA's, using Quartus II's schematic entry, AHDL, and VHDL
- 8051 microcontrollers, specifically SiLabs and Atmel, programmed in Keil C51
- OrCAD for PCB layout

The candidate should also be able to work independently with minimal supervision, learn quickly, have excellent problem-solving skills, and have attention to detail.

Please pass this on to anyone who might be interested. Feel free to email me if you would like to discuss this position. I will be at the 2005 FSAE competition on Friday to look at the cars and talk with students who are interested in a career in embedded and digital design. I am an alumnus of the University of Toledo and was the electrical group leader for three seasons. If you would like to talk with me at competition, please email me and give me your name and school so I can visit your paddock.

- Lee Cross
leecross98@yahoo.com
Electrical Engineer

Lee Cross
05-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Imaging Systems Technology is a small, family owned electronic design consulting company located in Toledo, Ohio. The company's core competency is in military and consumer Plasma Display technology, and the company also does consulting and patent work for many different industries.

We are currently looking to hire a student or degreed engineer with (or pursuing) a BSEE or equivalent degree for a co-op position or full-time position to do the following:
- Design digital logic for Altera FPGA's to be used in Plasma Display Panels.
- Write microcontroller firmware in c.
- Design and layout PCBs for digital and mixed-signal systems.

The ideal candidate should have experience in at least two of three areas:
- Digital logic design
- Microcontroller programming
- PCB layout and circuit design

Our preferred tools are:
- Altera FPGA's, using Quartus II's schematic entry, AHDL, and VHDL
- 8051 microcontrollers, specifically SiLabs and Atmel, programmed in Keil C51
- OrCAD for PCB layout

The candidate should also be able to work independently with minimal supervision, learn quickly, have excellent problem-solving skills, and have attention to detail.

Please pass this on to anyone who might be interested. Feel free to email me if you would like to discuss this position. I will be at the 2005 FSAE competition on Friday to look at the cars and talk with students who are interested in a career in embedded and digital design. I am an alumnus of the University of Toledo and was the electrical group leader for three seasons. If you would like to talk with me at competition, please email me and give me your name and school so I can visit your paddock.

- Lee Cross
leecross98@yahoo.com
Electrical Engineer