PDA

View Full Version : UK teams going to aus?

Rob.C
07-20-2005, 12:20 PM
just thought i would find out which of the uk teams are making the trip down under!?

we are comtemplating the idea, dependant on funding as ever!

i had an e-mail from someone about going, not sure what uni you were from tho sorry.

i would like to see the belfast guys going, i think that there car deserves another shot at a comp, hopefully herts will go, hopefully we (combined) can show the aussies what the uk unis can do! we tried last year, but were plagued by problems, were always up for another bash at it!

Rob.C
07-20-2005, 12:20 PM
just thought i would find out which of the uk teams are making the trip down under!?

we are comtemplating the idea, dependant on funding as ever!

i had an e-mail from someone about going, not sure what uni you were from tho sorry.

i would like to see the belfast guys going, i think that there car deserves another shot at a comp, hopefully herts will go, hopefully we (combined) can show the aussies what the uk unis can do! we tried last year, but were plagued by problems, were always up for another bash at it!

Jarrod
07-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Rob
Was good having you guys here last year, despite all the dramas on both sides. We are far better prepared this year, and you would be more than welcome if you guys want to operate out of our workshop again. Tony has my email address.

Be great to see more teams make the trip. It works out a lot cheaper for you guys coming here than it does for us to go there.

Rob.C
07-21-2005, 01:03 AM
oh the joys of world economy!

i think your e-mail is on our team e-mail system, tony finished after Student and so is technically no longer a part of the team, although he can be a part of it for another 6 months!

we are seriously looking into it, and having you guys help us out again would be great! i cant begin to explain how great a help it was having you guys and your workshop there!

glad to hear that you are a bit better off than last year! we all felt so bad last time for you guys, i will e-mail you with more details later this afternoon, hopefully, we will know fairly soon what the score is regarding actually coming over, although it would be a lot easier if more teams were going (hint hint) it only gets cheaper, as then we can have all the cars and all the team members on a plane and get on with it!

PaperPusher
07-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Rob

We are looking at making the trip to Oz. Our 2001 car went out there but also had a few problems so we've been waiting for a chance to have another go!

I think giving the aussies a run for their money is long overdue!

V Rinne
07-27-2005, 11:17 AM
We are also planning to participate in FSAE Australia and we would come all the way from Finland. Hopefully there will be more European teams going there so that we could arrange the freight together...

Have to just find a little bit money to get there... But I find it callenging. "If something is going to be too expensive you should get it free."

-Vesa-